Saturday, April 9, 2011

SILKEN MOON: SPOLTLIGHT ON DESIGNER

On one of my many journeys  throughout Second Life one of my friends suggested that I visit Silken Moon,  a relatively new skin shop. Of course I stopped by the store and was immediately impressed with the wide variety of skin selections available. The owner of Silken Moon is Malicia Python and below is some information and a few pictures of some of her skins.

Malicia Python, Owner of Silken Moon
Perla: Hi Malicia,
It was really great discovering your store the other day and you have such a big variety of skins. Tell me what inspires you when you start a new collection?

Malicia: Hello Perla, was nice showing you around. To your question: Inspiration can be anything. Usually it is something visual that ignites an idea. Mostly, it is a look or a character I want to create. Like seeing a tartan pattern and it becomes a punk girl with an all snotty arrogant expression.
I want my skins to be emotional, not just beautiful. The creating is not always conscious, sometimes I just feel like messing around and then it flows. Looking at it later, I see what was on my mind making the skin.
Perla: What made you decide to start creating skins?

Malicia:  I got my first set of templates to see how skins are actually made, I had no idea before. Then I messed around with it. The skin was terrible - I still have it though. But I was kind of hooked as you might see. *grins*

Perla: You mentioned that the Drama Queen Skins are inspired by Elizabeth Taylor correct?

Malicia:Yes, I was surprised how much her death shocked me, thinking of it I found she was the last one of an era of Divas - and one of my face celebs. Thus, she always reminded me of my RL Mom, though my Mom was only married half as often :).
I was working on a completely different idea but somehow ended with those lush lips and thin eyebrows. when I looked at her, I thought "hi Liz". A good example of my mind flowing into my work without me knowing it. To take the sadness out of it, I went for the "Drama Queen" theme. Guess Liz would have liked it, she ordered to be 15 minutes late to her own funeral. That is style in excess.

Drama Queen Skin "I broke a nail"

D
Drama Queen "Nothing to Wear"



Drama Queen "Nothing to Wear"


Moon Leaf Signature Collection
Moon Rose Signature  Collection

Drama Queen " He Said, She Said"


Perla:  I noticed a lot of your skins are good for RP Sims. Do you have any favorite RP sims?. I actually go to a combat RP sim and my character is a lycan/vampire hybrid..:-)..Its good to have skins to be able to play the role.

Malicia: Unfortunately, I don't have any time for RP. I played Bloodlines when I started. But all those characters are very inspiring, I love to work out of the box. I always liked "freaky skins" but it was hard to get really good ones. Thats another thing that makes me do something, because I want to have it.
OMG, I babble, back to the sim question, it is definitely the Omega sim, I don't know what role-play is allowed there, but the buildings and texturing are stunning.

Ebony Collection

Ivory Collection

Rebel Pack, Funny Bunny

Rebel Collection -Mio Vio


Rebel Collection, Blog Frog


Perla: Have you ever featured your skins in a show or do you have plans to feature your skins in a fashion show?
Malicia: I think the only time my skins were in a show was The first Mary Jane Shoes show, Cirque de Sole. Infiniti, the owner, got the GothShas for all the models. Unfortunately, it was in the middle of my night, so I could not see it. But I been told it was a blast. I felt really honored by her choice. !Silken Moon only opened last October, so I hope, there is way more to come.

Perla: Ok this is an off the wall question. What is your favorite movie?

Malicia: ÖÖ I have such difficulties to have one favorite of anything. But I guess it would be something directed by Tim Burton.

Is there anything else that you would like to tell the readers?

Malicia: Hell, thats a tough one. Maybe that one: beauty is only skin deep, always check what's under the surface. Oh my, now I want that on my tombstone and be 16 minutes late for the funeral XD.

Hanami
Phoenix

GothshaII Elegance





Silken Moon has such an eclectic mix of skins for your every needs. Whether it is glam or roleplay, fantasy or just to have a different look then take a trip to  her shop. You wont be disappointed..!!

http://slurl.com/secondlife/Napf/52/54/792


No comments:

Post a Comment