Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Interview with a Designer, Barbarella Cioc of B! Fashions

I had the pleasure of chatting a bit with designer extraordinaire, Barbarella Cioc of B! Designs. Anyone that is into fashion design should visit her store if you haven't already.

Perla:  I have loved your shop since the first day I stepped foot into it Some of my favorite outfits are Mata Hari., Sapphirina and Raperonzola. Your store is one of the first places that comes to mind when I am looking for something different. Where do you get inspiration for your designs?


Barbarella: This is a hard question, because I can get inspiration in many different ways, it could be watching something that I like or an image, thinking about something nice, listening music...


Perla:  I wanted to ask specifically about Mata Hari. Was there a special reason you created that outfit?


Barbarella: There is not a special reason, but I remember the inspiration: I was watching some Greta Garbo old pictures, and I liked very much one of them, from the movie "Mata Hari", so I was inspired to make that kind of dress, that it's different from the one in picture, but has the same vintage and mysterious feeling for me.


Perla:  What are some of your favorite pieces in your store and why?

Barbarella: My favourites pieces are the best sellers! I'm joking! LOL
It's very hard to choose...One that is my favourite from ever, is an old outfit called "Abracadabra", but my preferred ones from new fall collection are "Chicchirichi" and "Coccode'"

Perla:  Do you have specific models for your print ads or do you model in your ads?

Barbarella: It depends, usually I model for the ads, but sometimes other models are in the ads.


Perla: Who is your favorite designer in RL?

Barbarella: In RL I like the greatest designers from the past, one for all: Valentino.


Perla: Do you have any upcoming fashion shows?

Barbarella: I've 2 fashion shows in October, with other designers. One is "JOL Trendy's Fall Passion Fashion Show" on October 29th with MEB and the other one is "Purple Rain Show" with many other designers for the anniversary of Solo2 Fashion Agency.


Perla: What is your favorite flavor of ice cream. laughs..(.joke question to lighten things up a bit)

Barbarella: Chocolate!


Perla: When I step into your store it is very hard for me to leave. Your designs are different and very upscale, but then you also have a section for casual clothes too. As a matter of fact I have a Jackie O outfit from your casual section. Do you have a preference in the style of clothes you design?

Barbarella: Yes, I prefer to design evening clothes and gown, it's more fun, because in second life you can design and wear dresses that it could be impossible wear in real life.
But I like design casual clothes too, because I always wear my own designs in second life, and I can't wear gowns in the morning! LOL

Perla: What encouragement can you give to people that want to learn to design clothes?

Don't do it! I don't want other competitors!!! LOL...I'm joking! Clothes design must be a passion, because it could be hard at beginning, but if you love it, it will give you a lot of fun and satisfaction.


Thank you for taking the time to talk with me. I know you are a very busy lady and I will be looking forward seeing more of your upcoming designs!!

Chicchirichi with Me!


Me wearing Chicchirichi (Just love the name)


Me in Coccode (hmm,,i badly need  phtography classes :-)
 More from Perla Rae tomorrow..Finesmith's and Stylista Competition.

No comments:

Post a Comment