Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Jewels From the Heart, 2010 Beauty and The Beast Jewelry Fair



http://slurl.com/secondlife/Jewelry%20Fair%203/194/89/23
http://jewelersofsl.wordpress.com/

Mesmerized is the first word that comes to mind when I arrived at the 2010 Beauty and the Beast Jewelry Fair. The first thing I noticed was the beautiful scenery, lush gardens, medieval buildings and castles. It was as if being transported back in time to a fairytale. The 4 sims have different themes as in forests, castles, fantasy, goth. There is something for everyone.  I felt like a kid in a candy store and my heart starting beating fast as it pulled me in the directions of the vendor booths.
The first place I stopped was Gems and Kisses and I ran into Leah Portland and LovelyMiwako7399. We chatted a bit about the wonderful booths and talented designers. These designers pour their hearts and souls into their jewelry and this was an excellent place to showcase their styles.


Chatting with Leah and Lovely

Lovely color change jewelry from GK

I continued to walk around and look at the fantastic displays and the wonderful buildings. It would have been easy for me to purchase something from every jewelry vendor at the fair. I felt like I was in an art museum standing and looking at each piece and the details. Also, kudos to the coordinators, builders and everyone that made this Jewelry fair possible. There is not enough space for me to list every vendor from every sim, but I took a few pictures. I most definitely will continue to visit the fair up until the last day of October 17th.

Another great aspect of the fair is the workshops and classes on jewelry making, music and live entertainment and a kissing booth...wowww..There is also an auction and all the proceeds will go to Oxfam.org that helps to find solutions to poverty and injustices around the world. Please visit this website to read about the humanistic work of this organization.
Below are a few pictures of items that are up for auction.




This fair was also a great place to meet people. I met Avandan Grantham and he mentioned that he is a big fan of Preston Gravois of Bennelong Designs. He said "specifically of Preston's Steampunk Jewelry." I made a special note to visit Bennelong Designs.

I could go on and on for days about the 2010 Beauty and the Beast Fair, but I encourage everyone to come and take a look. If nothing else just to admire the beauty and artistry of the designers. Hope to see you there!!

Here are a few pictures of some of the fantastic jewelry pieces. This is just a small sample and wish there was room for me to take a picture from every designers work.

The Beauty

Fit for a King

Steampunk Anyone?






http://jewelersofsl.wordpress.com/

http://slurl.com/secondlife/Jewelry%20Fair%203/194/89/23

1 comment: