Thursday, October 14, 2010

Second Life to Real Life Love, Yula Finesmith's Story

How many of you believe you can meet and fall in love with someone online and it can develop into a real life relationship? Well I am a firm believer and can relate to Yula's story, so for anyone that thinks it is impossible read below. Yula was gracious enough to share her experience.

Yula and Spliph




Perla: Did you think it possible to meet someone online and fall in love with them in real life?

Yula: Never, I thought it was ridiculous that this happens to people. I am a very realistic person. Very involved in real life with my family and friends. I never thought it would happen to me

Perla: But then it did happen to you. :-)

Yula: I was amazed to hear stories when I came to SL and see so many couples. I thought it was weird.

Yula: I was in my store right after it opened and he came in with one of the models. He had only been in SL for a week and hand dreads and funny pants so we started laughing together. I was going to get married in RL and did not think of falling in love.

Perla: You were engaged in RL at the time?

Yula: Yes, I was engaged with a ring on my finger and it actually was a pretty good relationship.

Perla: Wow, that is amazing.

Yula: Spliph and I got closer and we became friends and then a couple in SL. We started exploring and playing games in SL and had so much fun. I was always into making my jewelry and fashion and not playing the game.

Perla: Did he live in the same country?

Yula: I am from Israel and he was from the states.

Perla: It must have been difficult to tell your fiancée in RL

Yula: Yes, it was very hard and I told him I was not ready for marriage so we split up. 6 months me and Spliph were in SL together day and night and also meeting on Skype.

Perla: Well you really developed a strong connection.

Yula: I had never met a guy like him before. He was patient and generous and 6 years younger than me I am proud to say :-)

Perla: Woohooo.. How did you handle the time difference?

Yula: He would wake up every morning at 3am to talk to me for an hour and then wake up early before going to work and we talked again.

Perla: You guys had a solid routine.

Yula: We also had messenger and text messaged each other all day. It took a lot of commitment.

Yula: After 6 months we decided it was time to meet and we each made arrangements to take a flight to Barcelona, Spain. I kept thinking wow, what am I doing? what’s going to happen because it was virtual all this time and we never touched. I was afraid of attraction issues because people can look different on cam. The moment I saw him walk off the plane I ran into his arms just like in the movies.

Perla: It sounds too good to be true. Just like a movie. Wowww.

Yula: We stayed in Barcelona for one week visiting historic places as we are both big art lovers. On the last day of our trip we cried so much. This is how I knew our feelings were so real.

Perla : What happened next? Did he visit you in Israel?

Yula: A month later I took a flight to the states and the rest is history. We have been married for one and a half years now.

Perla: Well you really followed your heart and this is proof that people can find rl love online. When you meet someone online you become connected on a mental and emotional level. This is inspiration that if you open your heart to love anything is possible.



This reminds me of a song sung by Marvin Gaye " Ain't No Mountain High Enough, Ain't No Valley Low Enough. Ain't No River Wild Enough. To Keep Me From Getting To You Babe"







One thing that I have learned is we can think love away with our mind instead of opening our hearts.

3 comments:

  1. Wonderful story. Congratulations Yula. and Perla, nice job on the interview. Great Blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. As someone who met their ex-fiance online, I know that real love can be found in the depths of virtualization. Like many relationships, it may not always work in the end, but it's still very valid.

    I'm glad it worked out for you, Yula.

    N.D.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice story:)....I met my husband on line 11 yrs ago, i wont say it has always been easy in fact it has been a struggle but we have not given up nor plan to. When the shine wears to a dull matte, hang in there and hopefully it will make it to the end.

    ReplyDelete